In the beginning of the class, I introduced the new song “Che che koole” to the kids. I was happy because they seemed to enjoy singing the song. It was still not easy to pronounce the lyrics, which came from Ghana, Africa. But they just imitated the what I showed them. I also could share the new game song with the teacher’s help. In these particular game songs “Mrs. Macaroni” and “Muffin Man”, we had to cover all the kids in the class, which seemed fair to them. Doing 2 game songs together was really tiring because I needed to sing out loud to support the class repeatedly and had to be aware of the small space to fit every kid while making a nice circle shape. Lastly, the teacher introduced “Follow the drinking gourd”, which was new to them. We all loved to share the story and music in this black history month. While reading the book, the teacher kept asking what happened in each page by looking at the picture and reading through it. Still many kids were not sitting still in the front, so the teacher had to remind them to sit properly so that kids sitting in the back could see all that washappening in the front.
3rd &4th chorus; We went over all the songs we needed to be working for the upcoming concert, which is Martin Luther King Jr. Assembly. Since they performed once last week, the students seemed a little relaxed. One girl standing on the side kept doing something else rather than singing. When especially working as a group, behavior like that really annoyed me. Even if the teacher gave a couple of cautions it didn’t seem to work. Finally the teacher asked her either follow her directions otherwise there will be no need for her to spend time here. The class gathered by someone who they had chosen themselves. Afterwards we rehearsed the whole program that will be played for the MLK concert for this week. I accompanied in several songs of the concert. I think it was a good opportunity for me to see their interest for music. It was also very helpful to see and learn from the teacher as she conducted to chorus. She guided the choir in a clear and simple way so that the students could understand and follow her cues. Although we did not have enough time to prepare for the concert, I think the teacher chose the right songs to express different themes according to black history month.
No comments:
Post a Comment